Thank you for your interest in the Stuart Hawbaker Lifetime Achievement Award. Criteria are shown below. You many submit this form online with the below application or to print off a copy of the application, click on the link below the award criteria.
Established in 2010, this award is named after Stuart Hawbaker who served the University of Illinois Extension System from 1964-2000, serving Macon County as an Agricultural Adviser and Unit leader from 1975-2000. This award recognizes individuals or groups of individuals who have demonstrated a lifetime of extraordinary commitment, dedication and service in the name of 4-H and Extension in Macon County. Awards will be presented annually at a Macon County 4-H and Extension event.
- Nomination is required. Nominations will be considered active for five years. Additions can be added to the nomination annually within this time frame.
- Nominations will recognize individuals or groups of individuals.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration.
- Person currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- Nomination materials must describe why this nominee deserves the Stuart Hawbaker Lifetime Achievement Award based on the qualifications described in the purpose statement.
- Nominations must include a nomination form, three supporting letters and a letter of nomination including a description of accomplishments. Nomination materials are limited to two pages each, eight pages total in addition to the nomination form.
- Final award decisions are made by the Macon County 4-H and Extension Board of Directors or their designee.
- Should the Board of Directors determine the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.